Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Course Reading Feedback

I truly believe that Ganesha Goes to Lunch by Kamla Kapur should be required reading for this course. It is just too good not to be.I really feel that students in this course who did not get a chance to read it are missing out, and in effect doing a disservice to themselves. It was the most well written, most powerful reading I did all semester. It builds perfectly off the Ramayana and the Mahabharata and lets us get to know the gods and goddesses in such a more intimate way than we would otherwise. I absolutely believe that it is worth two weeks of the class' time to read through and learn from. For me, it was the perfect final reading to synergize everything I'd learned over the semester and grant me a deeper understanding of Indian mythology and philosophy of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment