Friday, April 8, 2016

Week 11: Famous Last Words

This week was very relaxed, both in this class and my other ones too. I wrote waaaay too much for my storytelling last week, and so decided to split it up into two weeks, so I hardly had to write anything this week! (Just had to go through my 2,000 word story for typos).

Right now my biggest concern for this class is not packing in as many stories as I could into my portfolio. Professor Gibbs is really helping me out in my writing, and I love developing my skill, so naturally I want as much feedback as possible on my various stories. I want to pack my portfolio.
A visual representation of how I want my portfolio to look

So, next week I have decided to upload part one of my 22 Goblins story, and add in a link or something to part 2. That way, it is like have both parts in my portfolio and still leaves me space to add another creative work in later weeks.

My biggest problem in this class is actually OVER-writing. I uploaded a story to my portfolio (Part 2 of Arjuna's Gifts) and did not even realize it was over the thousand word limit. The story just had so much fast-paced action that when I read it over it seemed to go by so quickly it never even occured to me it was so long! And then, to make matters worse, my 22 goblins story was TWICE the word limit!!

I'm just trying to pack so much into more stories that it kind of gets away from me I guess. Editing down is certainly a useful skill to have as a writer, so maybe I'll try to work on that more. But there's just no way I can slash my baby in half- I love her too much!

1 comment:

  1. Grayson, I can’t believe you wrote 2,000 words on for your story. Haha. I wish writing came so naturally for me. I enjoyed your visual representation of how you want your portfolio to look – that is a good way to see it as I get overwhelmed by all of this online stuff and not being able to see stuff in real life. Professor Gibbs has really pushed me to be a better writer too! Even though this class is a lot of work, I can definitely tell a difference.

    ReplyDelete