Sunday, February 21, 2016

Thoughts about Comments

Since week 1, I have been blown away by the appreciation and support from all of your lovely comments. Honestly, it warms my heart to know that someone enjoyed my writing. So thank you all for making me feel like a real writer.

Gushy feelings aside, I think what makes a comment useful is when it raises questions or pokes holes. When someone has a linger question of 'what if...' after reading one of my stories, I want to know about! Those kinds of questions can bring about great things in the revision, and let me see my story from a different perspective. Then, sometime people will deconstruct my story and point out its flaws. This can be equally helpful for the revision process, as it lets me see clearly what's working and what isn't.

So I suppose the perfect comment (which I strive for in my commenting on y'all's stories) would be one that offers equal parts praise, critique, and individual thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment