Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Week 5 Reading Diary: The Sixth Brother

So far, this is both very similar and altogether different from the Ramayana. This week, I read Narayan's Mahabharata. 

Here are some thoughts:

I really like the concept of the five close-knit brothers, each having a different God as a parent (although the twins have the same father, and are pretty forgettable overall). And lets not forget about Karna. He's actually my favorite brother, I think. Raised by a poor charioteer, and the sun of the son? Yes please. He reminds me of a Hercules-type figure. He never went through and of the guru's training like his half-brothers, yet he gives off the vibe of being just as capable as they are. So far in the story, he's fallen into bad company, but I hope he gets a redemption.
Karna, the son of the sun

The training and the ceremonial display of fighting prowess (crashed by Karna) really gave me some great inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment