Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Week 10 Reading Diary Part B: Goblins 18-22

Same as before,

Goblin #18: I think my favorite part about this is the little boy, who is willing to sacrifice himself. He appears within in the context of the story to be very wise, but to me his actions are stupid. I don't think that's a strong enough reason to sacrifice your life, but I think I could spin this story in a cool enough way.

Goblin #19: Super predictable and melodramatic. Like Romeo and Juliet if the characters died of heart break instead of poison. The King is spot on in his assessment, don't grieve over someone who never loved you.

Goblin #20: Very intriguing concept at work here, like a factory-style conveyor belt of resurrection. So who is responsible for the finished product? The last worker in the chain, who had full understanding of what the product would be. I like it.

Goblin #21: While the story was cool for this one, the goblin's question, and especially the King's answer, disappointed. AN old man body swapping with a day youth raises so many moral questions the goblin could have asked. But instead he focused on a particular small detail that the king could easily explain. No twist. No surprise. No bueno.

Goblin #22: Ah man, I was really interested n hearing an answer to the goblin's great puzzle. Too bad not even the King could come up with one. Maybe if I write about this I'll think real hard and try to solve the riddle.

All in all, I think I was more interested in the narrative with the goblin, the monk, and the king than any of the individual stories. This will be an interesting storytelling week.

No comments:

Post a Comment