Saturday, January 23, 2016

Learning Challenges: the five categories and me

I realize I may be swimming against the current here, but time management has never been a huge problem for me. I have yet to pull an all-nighter in my college career. The only times I've turned in assignments late were when I just plain forgot about them, or never realized they were due that day to begin with.
Although this is still one of my favorite quotes
I think the two big things I have to focus on are attention and listening. Not so much in my schoolwork, but in my relationships. It is a bad habit to listen passively, and one I wish to shed in my adult relationships. So this semester I challenge myself to become a more attentive listener.

Also, as an avid meditator, the attention challenges interest me the most, and I think they go hand-in-hand with the listening goals as well.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Grayson, I sort of fell in love with this quote by Douglas Adams when visiting your page because, well, it is so true. I am kind of jealous that you have never had to pull an all-nighter though. It took me forever to find a good system for time management. I hope you really get to work on your listening skills, I find that it really helps to get to know someone on a deeper and compassionate level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grayson,

    I agree with you that time management has never been a real issue for me, I have also never pulled an all nighter. I also like the quote from Douglas Adams, I have never seen it before your post. I also agree with you about listening, I have trouble zoning out in the middle of class while teachers are lecturing.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to see someone else say it. I am a mother, student, wife, and employee. With all of these titles pulling me in every direction, I still never get less than 7 hours of sleep a night. I also don't procrastinate. I think that is my personality, because I have been this way since I was very young.
    If I were given a choice to stay up all night and study OR study as much as I can and get a good nights rest, I would choose sleep every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grayson, I found it interesting that your an avid meditator. I myself have never tried and am not sure how to get into the feel of it. I do like the idea of it and the self reflection that can come from it. I also agree with you on the stance of time management as it is a downfall for me as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete