Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Week 2 Reading Diary: Ultimate Wing Man

Things are really starting to heat up in Narayan's Ramayana! I was engrossed by Ravana's court. I mean, enslaving Gods to clean and light your palace? Such an epic villain move! They are really playing up Ravana to be this big bad guy, even though we all know Rama will win in the end (honestly, he hasn't even been challenged so far), I am still excited to see how their battle plays out.

I am definitely starting to see a theme here: without love, life is unbearable. We saw it with Sita, we saw it with Soorpankha, and we saw it with Ravana (which, by the way, was also totally awesome with him changing the seasons by sheer will).

I can only imagine what Rama will feel knowing Sita has been taken away from him . . . Ravana's gonna get it!

Jatayu has also captivated me. He's the ultimate wing man (pun intended), swooping in to save the day and watch Rama's back. He's loyal to a fault, and powerful enough to challenge the most powerful being in the universe to a fight, just to save someone else's girl. Good guy Jatayu!
Ravana vs. Jatayu: source

No comments:

Post a Comment